Emmy’s To Do List
Sleep in until 7 am after talking(babbling) in her sleep all night--- CHECK
Get feeding tube taken out because she is eating so well on her own--- CHECK
Track doctor’s and nurses successfully during rounds--- CHECK
Track toys during OT (even on a diagonal, which is more difficult!)--- CHECK
Reach for and play with some toys of interest (musical usually) CHECK
Stand on own supporting herself by holding onto a piece of furniture for over 5 minutes---
CHECK
Take two steps (with support) towards Haley, her Physical Therapist--- CHECK
Eat 2 ½ jars of baby food--- CHECK
Make family so happy they want to cry from her progress--- CHECK
Exactly a week ago, I left here frustrated almost to tears over Emmy’s refusal to eat, to make eye contact, to focus on a face or a toy or even on what she was doing; today, I am almost brought to tears because I get to report that Emmy can sit up and play; she can hold eye contact and watches me as I move around the room. She even stood and played with toys today during PT. Her doctors and her therapists seem just as shocked and excited over the amazing progress she made this weekend. Her favorite things to do right now are to grab at our faces as we talk, grab at the spoon and try to feed herself and bebop around looking for music. Emmy loves to bounce to music. She is currently taking a well deserved nap because she accomplished all the things mentioned above before noon. I can’t wait to see what we are in for this afternoon :) .

No comments:
Post a Comment