Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeling better

Just want to update that Emerson was able to keep food down this afternoon.  We had to adjust what she ate and how much she ate- and she is not consuming nearly enough calories yet- but we are slowly progressing again.  She will sometimes gag and we literally break a sweat to calm her down so that she can keep it down, but (fingers crossed!) it has worked so far.  She was even able to get all of her medications and keep it down before falling asleep.  Yea!  I am hoping for more progress tomorrow.  If she is anything like her mom, she will have no problem stretching out that stomach to consume more calories.  I know some people may find that hard to believe, but my family will tell you I can pretty much out eat anyone and I have even considered wearing my maternity pants on Thanksgiving just because I love to eat THAT much.  So if Emerson has any of my eating/digestion genes, she should be consuming a whole turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and many, many deserts by Thursday :).

Some other good news tidbits:
--  Emmy stood up and walked (with assistance) a lot today.  She even took a nap because she was so pooped!
-- Emmy can grab the spoon and help bring it to her mouth- especially when we are not doing it at the rate she wants :).
-- Emmy not only followed along when we read books together this evening, but she also TURNED THE PAGES!  She couldn't grab them by herself, but I helped her get to them and SHE turned them.  Our reading/snuggle time is my favorite, so this meant a lot to me.
--  Uncle Kevin came to visit today.  Apparently, he is good luck because she did not get sick once when he was here!
-- I discovered Boston Market down the road for dinner.  I also discovered wine sold in a juice box type format.  I know, classy right? Don't be jealous; we can't all live such luxurious lifestyles.  If my mom is reading this she is probably ready to call and scold me, but I tell you, that wine juice box is going to help me sleep tonight.

No comments: